Skip to main content

Persistence and Determination

I have survived three and a half weeks of Bethany's Bikini Boot Camp!  Albeit I feel like I may die during every single class.  I have been attending 3 days a week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday, religiously- and only missed 2 classes, one because I had a sinus infection, pharyngitis, tracheitis, and bronchitis - all at the same time, and the other was rained out.  I have even attended a couple of the extra cardio classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I have been so sore since I started this adventure, every minute of every day.  But I persist.  I am determined.  

Running, I have found, is the bane of my existence.  Well, cardio in general.  I am still the very last, slowest bootcamper, at every class I attend.  I still cannot run consistently for a full lap (1/3 mile).  The stairs still hate me.  "Jumping Jacks" still feel like daggers are being stabbed into my ankles.  And I cannot even bear to talk about "Mountain Climbers", much less "Man Makers".  But I persist.  I am determined.

I have changed my eating habits.  I've cut out bad fats, added-sugars and salt.  Switched to whole grains instead of processed starches.  Eating more fiber. Limiting candy/chocolate to once a week, or less.  I'm drinking more water than a camel.  And I persist.  I am determined.

This morning I hopped on the scale expecting a huge drop in numbers.  Not.  It is very discouraging.  I've been working my tail off (literally, I thought) and am not seeing the results I want.  And, apparently, I am completely stressed to the hilt because I have broken out in hives all over my chest, neck, face and scalp.  So obviously I'm putting some serious pressure on my system.  Why isn't the weight just melting off?  

But I will persist.  I am determined.  I will accept that it won't happen overnight, but it will happen.  I will continue to bust my butt and give 110% until I reach my goals.  I will go to class more than 3 days a week.  I will get even more meticulous with my eating habits.  

I will do whatever it takes to get healthy, lean and strong.  

I persist.  I am determined.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Press Play

The new year has begun… but I have not.  I feel like someone has hit my “pause” button and I’m just waiting for them to hit “play” so I can get going.  I had high intentions of getting back into the gym four days a week, of reading my bible daily, and staying busy until bedtime every night to get my house in order and chores caught up, but I am failing miserably.  I have not stepped a foot in the gym since before Christmas, have only touched my bible on church days, and am lucky to get dinner on the table nightly and enough laundry done to keep us in clean clothes.  I am in need of revival. This past Sunday was the first day of Revival at our church.  It’s the first time we have attended Revival there, and the first time Jerry or the four youngest children have EVER attended a church revival.  I would really love to say that I have been revived physically, but I can say I have been revived spiritually!  This four-day spiritual uplifting is just what t...

Inspiration

I have been inspired. By God. By my friends. By my family.  Most of my life I have leaned toward the negative in my perspective of life in general.  Growing up in (and out) of a totally dysfunctional family sort of does that to you.  At some point, I decided to put on rose-colored glasses and look for the more positive aspects out there.  I try to believe that most people are good, that the weatherman is right more than wrong, and that I can handle anything that comes my way.  Unfortunately, I have been proven wrong in most cases, except for the latter of these.  Most recently, I have been told by anyone and everyone who knows my family, that I deserve a gold star.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not tooting my own horn here, this is just the fact of what I've been told.  I don't know how deserving I am of anything, I just know that I do what I do and that's all that I do.  Sometimes you just don't have a choice.  You do right just bec...